TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM   #4929
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

http://www.examiner.com/article/inte...ne-cover-party
This week Examiner.com was on the scene at tennis great Maria Sharapova's Hamptons Magazine cover party at The Sanctuary Hotel. Maria Sharapova celebrated her cover of Hamptons magazine with Editor-in-Chief Samantha Yanks and Publisher Debra Halpert at HAVEN Rooftop at Sanctuary Hotel with Exude Lipstick, Russian Standard Vodka, TAG Heuer and London Jewelers.

Sharapova has had a busy week in New York City, thus far. On Monday, she also attended the launch of her new candy line Sugarpova at Henri Bendel. She also attended the grand opening of the new candy store It’Sugar and she visited 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' show at Rockefeller Center.
Quote:
Q: Tell us about your outfit.

Maria Sharapova: I'm wearing a Valentino and Christian Louboutin shoes tonight and I had a great time shooting the Hamptons Magazine cover and I'm in New York City and wanted to wear red tonight!

Q: What do you love about New York City?

Maria Sharapova: I love its energy, I love the people, there's so many different parts of New York that I love to visit every time I come here and of course playing the U.S. Open, being a champion here in the past and embracing the energy of the crowd, it's always so much fun.

Q: Why did you decide create a candy line?

Maria Sharapova: I have always had a sweet tooth and I always wanted to own my business, and invest money and time, and the name came about two years ago and we have been working on the actual candy for 18 months and its been so much fun. I feel like I've really started from just an idea--we were just at Henri Bendel's today and the It'Sugar store--and seeing it on the shelf, and people actually going in an paying for it, it's fun when they see the packaging, they turn it around, read about it, that's what makes that work worthwhile...We're starting with 12 flavors and I hope that definitely grows and goes beyond the business of candy.

Q: Congratulations on your silver medal win at the Olympics. What was that experience like?

Maria Sharapova: It was an incredible experience for me, it was my first Olympics and I dreamed about it since I was a little girl, so to be part of that atmosphere and leaving with a medal was really nice...just to be in the ambience with all those countries and all those athletes competing in one stadium was incredible.

Such a crazy 10 days, it was the opening ceremony, to carrying the flag, and the motions leading up to that...and then moving from that onto the tournament, I was playing 6 matches in 7 days, it was just an incredible patriotic experience with so much energy and seeing Wimbledon transition into an Olympic atmosphere was really fun!

Q: What do you love to do in your down time?

Maria Sharapova: I love being at home because I travel so much I don't get to have a domestic life in a way, so I enjoy coming back home and catching up with friends and family and having a normal, peaceful life.

Q: How are you preparing for the U.S. Open?

Maria Sharapova: I got here a little early, I've taken the last few weeks off, and been here for a few days already and starting to train tomorrow, nice to be back in New York!

After the red carpet, Maria joined chic Manhattanites for the party at HAVEN Rooftop at the Sanctuary Hotel. The weather was perfect. There was a candy bar where guests could sample Maria's Sugarpova, the music was amazing and there was also a photo tent where guests could create little photo flip books.