TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Olga Govortsova Thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM   #532
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olga Govortsova Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
I've been thinking about becoming a fan of Govortsova. What kind of game does she have? I've noticed her constantly around the 80-100 mark in the rankings..Does she have the game to improve and be at least a solid top 50 or 40 player? I like her look, are there any interviews with her?
She's definitely very watchable. She's been as high as 35 but hasn't sustained it. I think she definitely has the game to improve and be at least a solid top 50 or 40 player.

I've found it hard to tell with her how far she will go. She has some game, she hits quite big from both sides and serves reasonably big as well. Not overwhelmingly powerful but a bigger hitter than average for sure. She moves okay, as you would expect from her shape. She seems to make too many errors at the moment to rise further. Silly errors. I think she definitely has potential but I'm not sure she's quite able to figure it out, although recent signs are that she is improving. Maybe she needs to take her fitness and intensity to the next level like Azarenka, Kerber and Wozniacki did. Or maybe she needs to take her serve to the next level and make it a serious weapon. She has no wta titles, 3 times she's been runner up in wta events, she has a few itf titles, and probably her best result in singles so far was 2010 Ponte Vedra final, she beat Dominika in the semis and lost to Wozniacki in the final. She has quite a lot of doubles titles, 8, she's a good doubles player it seems.

Here are some videos that might help you assess her game.

She's very active on twitter too, you might want to have a look, you can tell some things about her personality from her twitter I think. https://twitter.com/OGovortsova

Here are some more twitter updates from today:

Couple pics from today match pic.twitter.com/C5UmkNN5

Last edited by HowardH : Aug 22nd, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote