TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia Glushko

Thread: Julia Glushko
View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM   #414
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Glushko

A very good 6-2 2-6 6-3 win for Julia over Domachowska in Q1
Of course this means she already defended most of her points from last year's qualies.

A very comprehensive opening set that lasted only 24 minutes, in which she only lost 4 points on serve.
I tuned it at 6-2 2-1, only to watch in disgust the Pole winning the next 7 games, including, I think, 14 points in a row from 2-1* (15-15) to *2-4 (0-40).
In the final set, Julia didn't convert a BP at 0-2, but from 1-3 down, she served a love game, saved a point for 2-4 and broke back, consolidated the break on her 4th game point (40-15, deuce, Ad, deuce, Ad), broke to 30 and to cap it all saved a BP on the final game, winning all of the final 5 games

As noted before, her record in big 3 set matches (well, relatively big, meaning Fed Cup, slam qualifiers or deep in 25K+ challengers) is pretty good. With this win it's 3-1 in slam qualies.
Interesting stat: not often you see a player winning 3 games more than her opponent yet with less total points - Marta won 75 points and Julia 74... She simply won most of the close games

The match to determine her Q2 rival, Davis-Riske, is just about to start.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote