TennisForum.com - View Single Post - General discussion thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM   #1103
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ ismyname View Post
Pigam

You watched the final and listened to what Carlos said to Na? Did he tell her not to be so aggressive? Did he tell her to play percentage tennis, especially on the ros?

The reason I am curious about this is because I am thinking of the advice he gave Justine when she made her return. Didn't he say she needed to be more aggressive. Wasn't that the reason she started hitting her returns of serve so aggressively (most of them going out) and trying to become a ballbasher?

Do you think now in hindsight he realises what he told Justine was a mistake?

Just kind of hit a chord with me really. I'll be taking more of an interest in Li Na from now on.
The difference is Justine tends to be more of a defensive player, Li on the other hand isn't.
Li already goes for most of those ROS now even before Carlos was coaching her.