TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rule Changes All About Money - TV Money

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 01:57 AM   #44
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rule Changes All About Money - TV Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartyfan View Post
Ask the WNBA says about TV guaranteeing success? NOT! The WNBA is bleeding money and has terrible ratings.

This pursuit of TV is a joke. There is no market but it seems as if they will damage the sport in a desperate attempt to be something it is not.

Let's see 7 of the highest paid women professional athletes play TENNIS, yes WTA. Not one is in the WNBA. Follow the money and you find endorsement dollars. How many women still playing basketball? Golf and Tennis are one and two in audience participation sports currently promoted.

I love everyone's opinions on the subject. Don't you think the networks look at that and make offers that match what they perceive to be the potential... But you'd think we have a bunch of communications majors on this forum. We are so quick to poo poo this without understanding they believe they will expand the sport and interest in it.

But hey again when budgets tighten and these schools have to make cuts in sports, I am sure all of us will send in checks to match the loss of revenue they expect to make. Because we are so so so sure it won't work. So funny!
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote