TennisForum.com - View Single Post - US/Canada Trip : Recommendations?

View Single Post

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #29
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US/Canada Trip : Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
well, if I were in a city for only 2 days, I wouldn't spend a moment inside a movie theatre, but there might be other interesting film fest activities going on at the time. For sure the nightlife will be more lively than it would be on a regular Monday and Tuesday night. The area around the festival's headquarters has a lot of restaurants and clubs. And there is also the Yorkville neighbourhood, full of posh boutiques and restaurants/cafes. I'm not in the income bracket to be able to really participate, but sometimes it's fun to grab a spot on a coffee shop patio, or even a park bench, and watch the fancy people and expensive cars go by .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I agree that one day in Philadelphia is enough. It's nice but not amazing and there isn't that much to do there. I love Boston and DC. I think they're much nicer places to visit than NYC and Philly. I'd love to go to Niagara Falls and Canada. Enjoy your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I think that I probably just don't get it, because I grew up two hours from Toronto and have seen the CN Tower about a thousand times, but I don't get it. It's not a terribly beautiful building - it's just tall. I've never been up it, or felt the itch to go.

I also didn't see the point in going to the top of the Empire State Building either, so maybe I just don't care about tall buildings.
Thanks, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
December
Pity
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote