TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Angie: Interviews, Tweets and Articles!

View Single Post

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #33
selesia

selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold selesia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Angie: Interviews, Tweets and Video Appearances

Angelique Kerber's Cincinnati Blog: Saturday

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - It has been a dream last 12 months for Angelique Kerber, going from outside the Top 100 last summer to now firmly established in the Top 10. She has the most match wins on the WTA this season and now writes her very first WTA Player Blog from the Western & Southern Open.

Saturday, August 19, 2012

Hello again everyone, it was quite a long day today and it's quite late right now, 1:30am! But there's no way I would go to bed without doing the blog

How to start...

Well I slept until about 9:30 in the morning, then we went out for breakfast. Then I went to the site and played from 12 to about 1, then went back to the hotel. I ate something, watched a movie, read my book, listened to music, and of course I watched a bit of the men's semifinals, but just on the TV - that's it!

The men are playing so great all the time. I don't know what to say. And I'm a fan of Roger - I think his personality is unbelievable

Anyway, after that I went back to the site again and waited for my match.

There was a lot of waiting today but it was a very happy ending! I won a tough match against Petra. In the second set I had no chance because she was just making so many winners. But in the third I just tried to keep fighting and play until the last point, no matter what was happening, and I'm so happy to have won the match. It's actually unbelievable to be in the finals here in Cincinnati!

After my match I did some stretching with my coach, then about 20 to 25 minutes of press, then a quick massage and some treatment, then I had to eat something fast - but it was so late and everything was closed! So I just ate a sandwich. Then it was back to the hotel and now I'm here writing to all of you!!

I have a few things I want to say before I go to bed though. I have to say, the crowd is just unbelievable here in Cincinnati. They have been staying until the last match (and tonight that was ours!) and it's just an amazing atmosphere out there. I want to say thanks to all of the great fans for staying up.

Also, you may have read that my close friend Andrea Petkovic is back and playing in New Haven this week. I'm very, very happy she's back. I've missed her a lot - the last few months have been the worst months of her career, and life maybe, and I am really looking forward to seeing her again in New York. And I'm sure it won't be long before she's playing very well again.

Welcome back, Andrea

And goodnight to all of you - I will talk to you again tomorrow night!

Yours,

Angie

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201208...257191_2890969

-----------------------------------------------------------

Angelique Kerber's Cincinnati Blog: Sunday

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - It has been a dream last 12 months for Angelique Kerber, going from outside the Top 100 last summer to now firmly established in the Top 10. She has the most match wins on the WTA this season and now writes her very first WTA Player Blog from the Western & Southern Open.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

One last time from Cincinnati... hello everyone!

Well, it was a tough match. I didn't have too much time to rest before the final, but I really tried everything I could today - it just wasn't enough. Li Na was playing so well, especially the last set. My goal was to give everything I had and I think I did that - she just got better and better during the match. There can only be one winner and one loser in a match, and runner-up isn't too bad

I can take positives from the week for sure. I know I'm playing very well right now and can beat the players ahead of me - my best moment of the week was my win over Serena, it was a very special moment for me. It was my first final at such a big tournament, too (and hopefully not my last one!) And also I really enjoyed my stay here in Cincinnati. I really had a great time this week.

Another thing I was happy about was Roger winning the men's title here today. I was cheering for him! I was a little bit shocked when I came to the site and saw it was 6-0 in the first set - I'm not sure what happened, I didn't see the first set... but it was a really good match in the second set. Roger played very well here - he went for the title and took it. Congratulations to you Roger!

After the press conference me and my coach gave Cincy a proper goodbye...

WE WENT TO KINGS ISLAND! It's the amusement park nearby. It was closing at 8 o'clock, and my coach said, 'Let's do this, let's really say goodbye to Cincinnati!' So we rushed and got there at 7:45, and because we only had 10 or 15 minutes we ran to the Drop Tower. I don't know how many meters we went up, but we saw all of Cincinnati from up there! Then it fell down!! It was fun!

So now I'm going to Dallas and I hope to get some more matches there. I'm really looking forward to New York - doing well there is my biggest goal.

Thank you everybody for reading my blog! I really, really enjoyed doing it. For sure I will do it again. And you can keep up with me on my website until then!

Until next time

Angie

How strong are your ties to Poland? Natalia, Poland
I'm actually in Poland a lot! Whenever I have a break from the tour I go to Germany but also to Poland, because my grandparents are there, also one part of my family - actually everyone is there except my parents! And they're originally from Poland too. Also our tennis academy is there, Centrum Tenisowe Angie. Whenever I go to Poland that's where I'm training.

http://www.wtatennis.com/blog/201208...257191_2891818

Last edited by selesia : Aug 31st, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
selesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote