TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rule Changes All About Money - TV Money

View Single Post

Old Aug 19th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #35
country flag paul_masterton

paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute paul_masterton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rule Changes All About Money - TV Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by USTennisfan View Post
To follow this thought... We are more passionate than the stats bear out. Of the current US WTA Top 200 out of 20 US girls only Julia Cohen, Irina Falconi, Jill Craybas, and, and ...guess what no one else even played college tennis. So you haven't made your point. We will do fine again drama...passionate but unsubstantiated. We will still have US WTA stars with this change at the NCAA dual match championships..

I agree with you however it may only be a NCAA Chmp thing, so everyone can relax.
Yes but it's only in the past few years top juniors have started looking at college as a real option. That's new. I have no doubt that as the teenage phenomenon continues to be less likely the numbers will increase but it will be 3-5yrs before that happens. If the rules change for dual season, which it doesn't look like, then there is no alternative pathway for the 99.9% who aren't old enough to break through at 18.
paul_masterton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote