TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rule Changes All About Money - TV Money

View Single Post

Old Aug 18th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #33
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rule Changes All About Money - TV Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_masterton View Post
If college tennis goes down this route the US will have no WTA tennis stars doing well so as to get more WTA events televised it the states. Because players will go on to the tour too early because college tennis is a waste of time, they will not be ready, and they will flounder.

I'm afraid your argument just doesn't hold, and it is you who is being short sighted.

The only hope is that this is NCAA only, and the ITA refuse to do likewise in dual play for the regular season.
To follow this thought... We are more passionate than the stats bear out. Of the current US WTA Top 200 out of 20 US girls only Julia Cohen, Irina Falconi, Jill Craybas, and, and ...guess what no one else even played college tennis. So you haven't made your point. We will do fine again drama...passionate but unsubstantiated. We will still have US WTA stars with this change at the NCAA dual match championships..

I agree with you however it may only be a NCAA Chmp thing, so everyone can relax.
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote