TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #3505
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Agree, but maybe there is a nuance to the standard 'everything is fine'.

" You know. I am not really playing to the standard, I am hoping to and it is something I am working on with my team. "
Yeah,and this is where common sense kicks in;if a player loses to Niculescu,6-1 6-1(or has any embarrassing loss that's somewhat less extreme),THEN we can insist on a lot more candor.However,I've seen plenty of cases where even legends gave TOTAL b.s. answers and it didn't seem to affect their destiny too much.Case in point,after her 3rd straight Slam loss to Henin in 2007,Serena angrily exclaimed that Justine won on 'lucky shots'.Telling a lie with an empirical statement--e.g.,pretending to be injured when you're not--is one thing,but being less than 100% revealing is VERY normal for pro athletes and doesn't reflect too poorly on Caroline's character,IMO

Btw,confirmed what you said earlier,but even the dictionary explained that most people identify it as being within the same clause even though that wasn't the original meaning

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!