TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #3496
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I don't read press conferences by any of the players because of the stupid questions they get asked so I get no benefit from the pressers. why more players don't sideeye more of those questions is beyond me.

And really talking can only do so much anyway. It's not like baring her soul will make her play better.
That's very true. They do often get asked stupid questions* but sometimes they are asked good questions. Who knows, maybe the right question will catch her at the right time and she might open up?

* here is a great example. From last year in Cincinnati:

Quote:
Q. It was a pretty clean match. Not a lot of unforced errors.
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Did you check the statistics? I think I made maybe 37; normally I'm 7, 8 a match.

Q. Is that a big difference?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: Well, obviously if you make a lot of the unforced errors and you don't make a lot winners, it's difficult to win -
especially when she takes her chances.
First the questioner says it was a "clean match" when Caroline had a ton of errors then she is asked if that is a big difference. Sometimes I wonder if these people have the slightest clue about the sport they are supposed to be covering. With the right questions I think press conferences can be quite informative and entertaining. Sadly we rarely hear the right questions asked of the players.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!