TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rule Changes

Thread: Rule Changes
View Single Post

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #32
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: Rule Changes

Drawing in more spectators this way?

As much it is exciting in a supertiebreak, think of the "She could've won had this gone to a 3rd set" kinds of comments. I think a 3rd set is equally exciting.

I don't understand it. Tennis is at a great position now, even in college tennis. Look, we have thriving websites and forums and blogs just dedicated to college tennis. It's never going to expand to the likes of football or basketball just because of the rules of the game.

While it may benefit certain players over others, I think that would lead to a homogenization of games. Coaches would then recruit players who have good serves, are aggressive, etc. And that would actually kill interest in tennis, imo.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote