TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rome 2011 vs Rome 2012

View Single Post

Old Aug 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #14
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Rome 2011 vs Rome 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
The Stosur match in Stuttgart was top for me.
For me, her top claycourt match of the season (I won't be as cocky as to say of her career because I have thoroughly watched only her more recent matches) was Stuttgart final against Vika. She demolished her after suffering all those beatdowns against that same player As far as Rome is concerned, she had really good matches in both years, with Wozniacki 2011 SF being the best of them all. I think her Rome 2011 display was probably one of the best in that season for her, but I think we overrate it a bit just because it was actually pretty unexpected (at least it was for me). Rome 2011 marked the beginning of her clay court dominance (And yes, she'll never be as dominant as Henin on this surface, but still, she wiped out the competition this year in the same manner Rafa always does ). So for me, because of the entire performance and her amazing comeback in the final, Rome 2012 does it more than 2011. Plus, it's always harder to defend than to take it in the first place

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote