TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serve and Volley-40's tennis

View Single Post

Old Aug 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #126
country flag praise him

praise him is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Serve and Volley-40's tennis

Joe, this is Pike Rowley. I recently purchased a book written by Pat Yeomans called Southern California Tennis Champions Centennial. In it she has told me more about my mother, Jacque Virgil, and her prior life than I ever knew. She married Lawrence Nelson, Joe Hunt's college teammate at USC, in 1939 then after divorcing Nelson, married your great uncle, Joe Hunt, in 1941. They were married for two years before he died. I have an extensive scrap book on Joe and their life together and numerous sympathy telegrams from many famous tennis players in the day. My mother died in 1975 and never told me about her marriage to Nelson. When I was very young Joe's mother, we called her Beau (pronounced Bee-You), visited our home in Coral Gables, Florida and my Mom was very close to her and Joe's sister Marian. Marian had 3 sons Robert, Charlie and Joey and I knew them well when they visited their summer home in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Please tell me your relationship to Joe Hunt as I am very curious. Thanks.
praise him is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote