TennisForum.com - View Single Post - [Who? What? Where?] - Week 2 (S1) - Casablanca (PRE) (W-Bojana Jovanovski)

View Single Post

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #42
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Who? What? Where?] - Week 2 (2012) - Casablanca (PRE) (W-Bojana Jovanovski)

Jovanovski Too Strong, Wins First Title

Serbia's Bojana Jovanovski won the first title of her career at the tournament in Casablanca defeating Anne Keothavong 6:1 0:6 6:0 in the final.

Jovanovski had some tough times during the week - including coming from a set and a break down to beat Li Na in the quarterfinals 5:7 7:6 6:4, but once she got to the title match she was in complete cruise control.

"I've worked really hard for this," Jovanovski said. "I had really hard preparation before this tournament, so I was expecting to play well here.

"It's been a tough week. The quarterfinal was a really, really tough match, so after that everything seemed easier for me. I felt much better after that match. I'm really glad I made it through that one.

"I went into today's final with nothing to lose. I was so positive. I was just trying to fight for every point and not thinking about winning or losing, just trying to play the best I can. It feels great to win my first title. I'm so glad I did it."

Before this week, Jovanovski's best result was semifinal in Cape Town.
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote