TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2012.

View Single Post

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #169
country flag Valkyre

Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all Valkyre is a name known to all
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2012.

She already achieved more than I hoped for. In the beginning I wished for a Slam, any Slam and to be among the top 4 in the world rankings.

Maria did way more than I honestly ever dreamed she would do.

She played 10 tournaments and went to 7 finals... SEVEN.
She had a clay season that reminded Rafa's one.
She defended her Rome title, something that she hadnt done in a lot of time.

Then she went on to win a Slam like I wanted. But she won the Slam I never ever thought she would win... the French Open...and that completed another milestone
A Career Grand Slam!

But wait... there is more... she regained the no 1 spot in the world... something I really didnt think she would be able to do.
Then the olympics... in the beggining of the year I would hope that she could be among the top 4, maybe win a bronze medal.
Maria went on to win the silver medal and become officially an olympian representing her country with pride and honor.

So my goals before the year:
-Win a Slam
-Stay in the top 4 in the world rankings
-Get a bronze medal

Maria's achievements so far:
- French Open Champion
- Career Grand Slam
- World no 1 spot regained
- Silver medal at the Olympics
- most consistent player on tour with 7 final appearances in 10 tournaments

As you can see she already has over exceeded my expectations so anything else is just adding to an already AMAZING year for Maria, probably the best of her career in my humble opinion.
Valkyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote