TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM   #800
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

The Danish girls weren't very successful at the European Championships last week. A brief summary:

U18
Anna Signe Rasmussen and Cecilie Melsted both lost their 1st match (in R2, as they had a 1st round bye). Cecilie's loss was a bit disappointing against a lower ranked opponent, but I'm not sure if Cecilie is fully recovered from that abdomen injury that has bothered her for some time now. Anna and Cecilie also lost their 1st doubles match (again in R2 because of a 1st round bye). Results.

U14
Simone Alipieva and Ida Emilie Krause both lost their 1st match in singles and doubles. I know Simone has had some minor injuries, and had to skip all tournaments on her schedule, including the Danish junior championships a couple of weeks ago, where she was volunteering as a linesperson/official instead. But this was still pretty disappointing. Results.

U16
Emilie Francati lost her 1st match (R2), While Martine Ditlev lost in R3. They reached the QF in doubles, which is actually quite good in a tournament with 64 teams. They lost the QF 6-1 6-4 against a good Russian team (seeded 2). Results.

The U16 girls in Moscow. Martine Ditlev and Emilie Francati (far right)

Last edited by angliru : Aug 1st, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote