TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS

View Single Post

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #4
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Kiri representing her country in the '12 London OLYMPICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
In singles, she potentially has another shot at AgRad in 3R. I'm actually happy to see this because I feel she deserved a better Wimbledon. And remember what happened when she drew Stosur twice right after losing that thrilling US Open match?

As for doubles, she still has a great chance to medal. The semis will be tough, but (1) they can still beat the sisters & the Italians, and (2) you can still get bronze when losing in the semis. I was annoyed to see they drew the Kazakhs in R2, probably the toughest unseeded team after the Williams. Bad luck again after Wimbledon. But at least they're in a different quarter from the Williams sisters.
that's exactly what I think too

I like her draw, could have been much worse!
She should or could reach R3 to get that great opportunity to take revenge on aga. I would love to see that rematch, this it's gonna be interesting. yeah, just remember how motivated she was to beat stosur after that close loss at the us open last year, kiri was totally on fire
..but let's see how things are going, aga has a tough 1st round, and kiri probably has to beat local player heather watson first

and in the doubles, the chances to get bronze are given! if they should get in the small final, they won't have to play neither the williams' nor errani/vinci there!

so let's keep fingers crossed, DAVAI maria!!!

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote