TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Nina fans Off-Topic Thread

View Single Post

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #287
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nina fans Off-Topic Thread

Actually Estonia isn't a slavic country, but well who'll know that anyway. We're in the same boat with Finns and Hungarians (though I understand Hungarian about as well as Chinese).

Actually I don't think I look too different of a Spaniard in winter, I have brown hair and brown eyes. Just my skin goes redish because of the heavy sun (I don't look like a complete lobster though, and later it goes more normal color).

Talking of different people.. I had a quite interesting conversation at the beach one time. There was one Indian guy, and he started talking to me because he saw my dictionary (yeah, I dragged it everywhere), so he knew I can talk English. One of his first questions was how many sisters I have, and was disappointed I had just one. Next question was if she's married, and when he heard she's single, he wanted to see her picture. I said I don't have one with me at the beach, and he asked me why not, don't I love her

My Spanish.. well I think I took a bit too low level, because it was more like a refreshing my memory + some more vocabulary. I told them I'm level A1, I also took some grammar test, so they put me to A1. I now think I should have taken A2. I really hoped I could use past tense in the end of the 2 weeks, but apparently not Well I can only use this kind of form for past tense, for example yo he paseado ...
But in general I can pretty much cope with everyday life, like going to a store, asking for a price, understanding what the reply is about, asking for directions and stuff like this. I even listened to a radio, I didn't really understand everything but there was this lady on the phone who talked about her husband, they had been together for almost 30 years. I guess he cheated on her, or something happened, and now he wanted forgiveness or whatever. Either way they were yapping on and on about it forever.
So yeah, I can talk to a native about really really basic stuff. I can understand more, than I can talk though. Well, this instructor guy in the boat talked Spanish to me, though he can also talk English as there were some non-Spanish speaking people too. And I think he actually meant it when he asked me about the party last night I told him I didn't, which is true, or it had been even more embarrassing.

Well the Alsa's bus Supra.. maybe it's something normal for you, but here it certainly would have a wow effect. This bus had it's own screens for each person. It was possible to watch TV, movies or the camera installed in front of the bus (basically see the road like on the first seat, but it was lagging), listen to radio (didn't work though) or music (some selected artists I had never heard of, and also non-Spanish), or follow the bus' live on the map. (But with your own headphones though.) They also provided a free water, though as I understand from the little advertisement on daily trips they have like a stewardess there, but I'm not sure.

Estonians have A LOT to complain about. But when it's time for actions no one really wants to put their skin to the market and "make a fool" of themselves. Like for example when we gave this money to help Greece, stuff like this started appearing on the Internet (but people would not go to protest against it):

Though in March we had teacher's protest on pretty large scale. Not quite like in Spain at the moment, but a bit on this direction.

Now I know Extremadura Poco a poco. It's not like I knew Alicante before I went there either.

So you'll be living in Madrid for a few years! How great is that! Now you can have a touristic tour almost every day (actually I know once you live there, you'll have so much other stuff to do that you barely think of going to Puerta del Sol for example).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote