TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2012

View Single Post

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #2801
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanabstract View Post
Well I guess so. Tursunov was asked on twitter why Maria is @ Wimbledon while the others are still at the training camp, and he answered that she went to train to carry the flag.
Dunno when Russian team goes to Wimbledon. I've also read Tarpischev's interview in which he said that they already rented a few houses for whole team near Wimbledon, only Vesnina and Makarova want to live in Olympic village. He also said that he will insist on all russian tennis team not going to the opening ceremony (well, except Masha )

As for the language, I speak russian from my childhood, because it's second official language in Belarus after belarussian. In reality, it's first, cause practically everyone speaks russian in everyday life (especially in cities and towns).
Thanks for all the info! I appreciate it.
Do you think Maria is going to have her own house? I didn't realize this was going to be so team-oriented. Reminds me of fed cup.

And sucks that the rest of the team can't go to the opening ceremonies, but it's understandable considering most are going to be playing the next day.