TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:44 AM   #1048
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Sure
I get your point on Ash I hope she becomes a professional because she is extremely different and I just adore the fact that when she won Wimbledon she barely fist pumped Of course she will make Top 50 and probably Top 20 but I fear that even though it is sad, that sometime she will get out hit. I don't like ballbashers, but I do like players like Anett and Irina who hit the ball hard and move their opponents around (I love how early Anett hits the ball, even if it's a moonball ). I don't know, but that is my fear I was going to say about Vekic I think BlueTrees. may have jinxed himself But as you said, everyone has bad days It's part of being a teenage tennis player

Here is the link
Tarbes: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater
Irina + Daria: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater

The second one is so funny. She is so annoying

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is inevitable that she will get out hit on occasions, but it's quite common in WTA even the best get outhit, unless you are Williams or Sharapova who attack from the first ball and don't give their opponents a chance. But Ash can minimize damage if she improves her defensive skills and consistency.

Yes Anett is always on the baseline, which is quite a common and successful tactic on the WTA these days, if you want to rebound the ball quickly giving your opponent little time. But it has 2 negatives: Shot selection becomes limited and if your opponent changes the pace you can make errors because you have less time to adjust. It suits her game though, because it revolves more around power than technical.

That video is great. Even at a young age you can see Khromacheva is quite talented, also vocal

After watching Vekic, It is difficult to say who has more potential. But I think Vekic is just a bit stronger than Anett, physically.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote