TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1047
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
It depends the way you look at it when comparing Barty and Khromacheva. Obviously they have opposite styles, but overall they are quite similar.

Just think about Federer and Nadal. Completely different games yes. But they both have many similarities, like they hit with lots of spin. Their matches are always about angles they can generate, movement and their skill.

I don't know those other players you mentioned.

About Ash not having enough power, yes she doesn't hit hard. But her technique is perfect and she generates lots of topspin on her shots, so when the ball bounces it gains pace, so her angles can be devastating. Also if she lands the ball deep on the baseline, the awkward bounce she is able to get prevents her opponents from attacking her. Ash is not a counter-puncher, she doesn't like endless rallies or running around, like you said her movement is not good enough for that game-style. If a rally is going too long, she tries to finish off the point.

Also you just leading me on to what I hate about WTA, by aggressor I guess you mean ball-bashing. You don't need to hit hard every shot to be aggressive. Something as simple as creating angles and moving up to the net is also aggressive play. In the WTA players don't have a happy medium, you are either a ballbasher or a pusher. Barty has this style which allows her to get safe margins over the net and use little energy, while also being aggressive.

Thanks, can you provide a direct link to the video?

Edit: I like Bouchard too, like Anett they both seem really friendly.
Sure
I get your point on Ash I hope she becomes a professional because she is extremely different and I just adore the fact that when she won Wimbledon she barely fist pumped Of course she will make Top 50 and probably Top 20 but I fear that even though it is sad, that sometime she will get out hit. I don't like ballbashers, but I do like players like Anett and Irina who hit the ball hard and move their opponents around (I love how early Anett hits the ball, even if it's a moonball ). I don't know, but that is my fear I was going to say about Vekic I think BlueTrees. may have jinxed himself But as you said, everyone has bad days It's part of being a teenage tennis player

Here is the link
Tarbes: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater
Irina + Daria: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater

The second one is so funny. She is so annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post

Also, interesting to read these longer discussions about junior players here.
IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote