TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1044
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Interesting
The thing I find funny is that IMO Khromacheva and Barty are Polar Opposites, yet you like them both
I like the players you like I only recently liked Putintseva as one of my friends has met her and said she was very nice I love Townsend's personality She's so sweet I also like Bouchard, Svitolina and Abanda but don't really like Bencic. IDK why, but she just seems to be overranked And I hate all whorers. But I like Siniakova and Lottner Lottner and Anett I draw many similarities between. I like Ash but I am not sure whether she will transition well as right now she doesn't hit the ball hard enough to be an agressor but she isn't fast enough to be a counter-puncher. Her variety will surely come in handy during the grass season though It will be interesting to see who do well in seniors. BTW, if you want to see Khromacheva and Putintseva as a child, go to Irina Khromacheva's Facebook profile (not page, but actual account) and look though her photos (they are all public) and you will see a Eurosport Video of the Les Petits As Final vs Putintseva MP and Ceremony and a video of her as a 12 year old which is genuinely HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
It depends the way you look at it when comparing Barty and Khromacheva. Obviously they have opposite styles, but overall they are quite similar.

Just think about Federer and Nadal. Completely different games yes. But they both have many similarities, like they hit with lots of spin. Their matches are always about angles they can generate, movement and their skill.

I don't know those other players you mentioned.

About Ash not having enough power, yes she doesn't hit hard. But her technique is perfect and she generates lots of topspin on her shots, so when the ball bounces it gains pace, so her angles can be devastating. Also if she lands the ball deep on the baseline, the awkward bounce she is able to get prevents her opponents from attacking her. Ash is not a counter-puncher, she doesn't like endless rallies or running around, like you said her movement is not good enough for that game-style. If a rally is going too long, she tries to finish off the point.

Also you just leading me on to what I hate about WTA, by aggressor I guess you mean ball-bashing. You don't need to hit hard every shot to be aggressive. Something as simple as creating angles and moving up to the net is also aggressive play. In the WTA players don't have a happy medium, you are either a ballbasher or a pusher. Barty has this style which allows her to get safe margins over the net and use little energy, while also being aggressive.

Thanks, can you provide a direct link to the video?

Edit: I like Bouchard too, like Anett they both seem really friendly.

Last edited by binky-GOAT : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote