TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM   #1042
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Which players do you think are particularly unique and why do you like the Asadinator???
Obviously Ash reason why I joined this place. There is too much to like about her, so I won't waste everybody's time, unless you're interested In short words, she defies everything I hate about the WTA: technique wise (ugly, boring), mentally weak (crybabies) and the general bitchiness (as if you need a special bark or scream to make you play better) whereas Ash is calm, arrogant and beautiful to watch.

Another player which I think is very unique (and flying under the radar recently, CH ranking of 165) is Khromacheva. She plays like Kerber, but more aggressive mindset because she looks to attack. Both have heavy spinning forehands, but Irina is more flexible with it (love how she can dig out balls on the baseline but still produce an aggressive top-spin shot from it, like Nadal does). Obviously consistency and mindset wise they are worlds apart, but she can improve. Like Barty, I feel Khromacheva has a great game to watch.

Townsend another lefty, don't rate her as much as Khromacheva, she doesn't have the same flair. But her volleying skills are very good especially for a girl, which makes her unique. Just have to worry about her fitness though, because no point being a volleyer if you can't get to the net fast enough.

I loved the energy of Putintseva when I saw her against JJ. What impresses me about her is her movement, her feet move really fast, so she doesn't struggle when chasing balls like most girls do. Very good balance when she changes direction too, none of this silly WTA cow stance crap. She can turn out to be a fun counter-puncher to watch.

Haven't seen much of Vekic, Abanda and Bencic. Hopefully see Vekic tonight.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote