TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1040
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Well yeah every human being is unique in some way, even if a player tries to intentionally copy someone else, it never is the same.

I agree her technique is not what makes her stand out, she has other qualities.

Anyways these kind of discussions are much more enjoyable than those lame "my play is better than your player, because she beat this player while yours hasn't" arguments you guys have.

While on the Anett vs Donna argument, none of us has really seen Donna play so we can't compare. But on results, I don't agree with BlueTrees that seniors is the only way to judge.

For example I find Donna's poor performances in juniors quite worrying, because you can argue that the world's best juniors are more talented than journeywomen that are 200/300 in the rankings. And that she struggles with the unpredictable nature of her opponents in juniors.
My comment on Donna was partly true but slightly exaggerated. I believe that she is overranked by around 100 places and that Anett is underranked by about 150, but Anett's best and worst are about 150 places higher and lower then where she should be ranked Donna has the problem of mentality. She can't deal with the big scene, whereas Anett thrives on it. Donna can win challengers in the back of nowhere because there is no pressure and much less publicity whereas all of Anett's big wins have been in big events. Fed Cup, Copenhagen WTA, Tallinn 10Ks, which even though they are really small and quite weak had huge crowds for all of her matches, which I really liked as it is proof that tennis is growing in Estonia. And look at Anett having interviews all the time for ERR (like ABC) and the like. She really does thrive on popularity I completely agree with you on the fact that these discussions are more entertaining and validate eachothers points more. If only there was a thread where people could compare players Tennis Forum is too argumentative, no thanks to me Which players do you think are particularly unique and why do you like the Asadinator???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Harass me, whatever, why should I care?

Dissapointing result, that's all. She needs to get her shit together and play more consistently.

I guess it's Veronika Kudermetova Cool avatar with a cute girl
Anett's consistency is infuriating. Kudermetova has a legendary serve She looks very pale there though
Dan_Doe, join the debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Last time I checked beating nobodies is better than losing to nobodies

And yes it's Veronika Kudermetova in my avatar
I am not so sure that Donna would beat Sun For sure she would be the favourite but Sun is experienced, is lefty, hits the ball hard and has had a lot of success in doubles. And anyway, Donna has had some bad losses to like Mirozova, Lu and Peterson so it's not like Anett is the only ones. Anett for sure has more but that's just because she's inconsistent. She has also had many many more big wins

Finally some more good news in that Beijing 75K + H is also a mens challenger, so Anett will have livescores again
Let's hope she can get an early flight there are and get used to the conditions
Her goal here IMO should be to qualify, but I am not expecting that after this weeks performance

BTW, Sun is in the FQR with a 1 and 2 win over Yshina, so I don't feel as bad about Anett's loss now

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote