TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:34 AM   #1032
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
There is definitely nothing wrong with it, but many girls have that technique and it's nothing special. It is something I dislike about the WTA, most players have the same technique, while on the mens side almost everyone has a unique technique.. Most girls are better on the backhand side too, so that flair you talk about is again standard.

Also I don't think she gets easy power, because you can both see and hear the effort she puts when hitting balls.
I recently watched a short clip of Abanda hitting, and that is what I mean when someone gets easy power, it's gentle.
Anett has power no doubt about that, she has an Azarenka style of baseline grinding game in my opinion. But what influence comes from technique is if it looks like a gentle stroke, and I just don't see it in Anett.
When you see her live, you can see. She doesn't have flair in the way that Federer has flair, but her forehand is definately not machine made. Her backhand may be, but it has such beautiful timing and gets good spin and she always hits it in the middle of the racket. I know what you mean about her being the same as everyone else, but I think she is slightly different in that I think her shot selection is more thought out and she come to net. In terms of technique, I understand your point even more as she has the "ballbasher" footwork and follow throughs but I think despite her forehand looking bland, it has many intricacies to it that would surprise you. She is more than most think

Her technique is not what made me like her though. She reminds me a lot of my sister

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote