TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1031
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
She gets easy power and it's a smooth technique, meaning she won't get injuries
If you see it live you will realise it isn't standard, especially her backhand which has a lot of flair involved. Everything is smooth and she has been taught very well
There is definitely nothing wrong with it, but many girls have that technique and it's nothing special. It is something I dislike about the WTA, most players have the same technique, while on the mens side almost everyone has a unique technique.. Most girls are better on the backhand side too, so that flair you talk about is again standard.

Also I don't think she gets easy power, because you can both see and hear the effort she puts when hitting balls.
I recently watched a short clip of Abanda hitting, and that is what I mean when someone gets easy power, it's gentle.
Anett has power no doubt about that, she has an Azarenka style of baseline grinding game in my opinion. But what influence comes from technique is if it looks like a gentle stroke, and I just don't see it in Anett.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote