TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #1022
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Just wondering chingching, what is the potential you see in Anett? Because you hype her all the time, but you don't actually say any of her strengths. Be specific for example do you love her style of play, some particular shots, etc.

You comment on other players weaknesses, but not say anything on Anett's strengths. So it becomes really hard to take you seriously.

Yes it's hard to comment on players that barely get any TV courage (like Vekic, Bencic, Abanda), but like you said you seen Anett more than anyone here, so why don't you comment on her game?
What do you mean? You want me to say why i think what I say about Anett is justified???
Basically, there are 3 reasons I like Anett. First, she is Estonian. I have Estonian relatives and love the country, so the fact that I get to hear more interviews with her and just have relatives from the same country, I like her more. Secondly, she seems like a really nice person. When I saw her play Traralgon and the Australian open, she always carried herself nicely and was always smiling. When she was in Traralgon she was always nice to the children who would wait around the practice courts and would always say hello to other players and fans. Finally, I really like her style of game and attitude. Her strokes are clean and well struck, giving her a very clean game. Her strokes are not jagged and rough but her racket is like an extension of her arm if you know what I mean. She never gives up and doesn't behave like a brat. She is also not a little American Princess. She has shown that she can beat top players and except for in more recent times, she doesn't really get overtaken by nerves. She is calm and never screams and except for her slightly annoying grunt, she is the perfect image of a tennis player IMO The reason why inhype her, which I only do in places relevant (I don't litter GM with posts about her anymore) is because she has shown that she can beat top players so my expectations for her are very high. Also, I saw her practice at the Aussie Open with a few of the boys players and she was killing them. I think she underperforms in matches, and after seeing her play when it doesn't matter or when there is no pressure, i am determined she is underranked in Juniors and Seniors, so that's why I think she lost because she played badly. It will be interesting to see what the Estonian newspapers say about it as they will get a statement from her for sure. So to answer your main question, the reason why I "hype" her is because IMO she is deserving of it Well at least she should be deserving of it, but these results don't help my cause. But just so you know, todays match was actually closer than most people think

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote