TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

View Single Post

Old Jul 20th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #776
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Guys look at this thread and what Hingis says in it.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=464275

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan5 View Post
Martina Hingis on Jennifer...
"Jennifer was a great thinker on the court: it wasn't just boom, boom. She had a great sense for the game and the talent to do the right thing in the right situations. I got to know Jennifer when we practiced together at Saddlebrook in the late '90s. I was already No.1 and she was coming back and was probably No.80 or something. But she was the Queen of Saddlebrook anyway! Our practices were always intense and such high quality. I think from practicing with me, she regained her confidence and realized she could play at the elite level.

"We pushed each other to train harder. We knew if we played well against each other, we could go out there and beat pretty much anybody. And Jennifer started playing great matches again, against the Williams sisters and Lindsay and me. For power, athleticism and quality of game, she was right up there.

"She could read me well and I could read her... there are only a few players you ever feel like that with. By the time we played the two finals in Australia it was like oh, we could have played in the backyard! Of course it was nicer to play in a big arena, even though it didn't go my way! But what Jennifer achieved is amazing. I was always compared to her, because if I made a 'youngest' record it was only because my birthday was six months later in the year than hers. One thing I didn't manage was Olympic champion at 16 - that is incredible."
I am DONE.
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!