TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Question about String Tension

View Single Post

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of
Question about String Tension

How long does it take for String Tension to change?

Recently I had my racket restrung. I know that it usually takes a couple of hits to get the strings to settle in and make them the way you like them.

Because I had a match coming up, I was more aware than usual by the amount of time it took before they felt right. I played 5 times and just hated the strings. I thought that the stringer f-up and wanted to do a new job. But on the 6th time they were perfect. I play on average 3x a week. So the racket wasn't sitting for 6 weeks, this was about a 2 week period.

I'm just wondering if it just takes that long for them to settle in or should I just drop down my tension 1 or 2lbs to begin with and maybe be good to go after playing one time with them.
JeMa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote