TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Nicole Gibbs

Thread: Nicole Gibbs
View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #28
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Lepchenko is more like around 40 in the ranking & race, but yes, she did make R16 at the French. And she's the #3 American, so Gibbs has just drawn the #1 & #3 Americans in the past two weeks.

Gibbs' next event is Vancouver starting weekend after next, entrants here.

She proved at Stanford & Colorado she can beat players in the 150-200 range, and she lost to #44 and the best player in the world. It'll be interesting to see how she matches up with players in the 75-150 range, and she will hopefully have a few opportunities here to better her results from Colorado.
I like that she's playing Vancouver. If she goes deep ( i'm pretty sure this is one of the 3 tourneys in the USTA WC race ), then she'll have a shot at the USO MD WC. I know she pretty much has one locked up with winning the NCAA Chanpionships, but this would make it 100% for a USO MD WC

Anyways, i hope took something positive away from her past 2 experiences playing against top players. It can only help her in the long...
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote