TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #4630
J_Migoe

J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all J_Migoe is a name known to all
Sharapova is not staying at Olympic Village

According to this article, she will stay at the Wimbledon Village because the Olympic Village is too far away. Makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the tennis players stay at Wimbledon during the Olympics.

Maria Sharapova would not be staying at the athlete´s village during the London Olympics

World number three Maria Sharaova of Russia has shared that she would be staying at the Wimbledon Village during the London Olympics.
Tennis Stories 17 Jul 2012 - 21:46 / by Talha Asif / reads 336.
Source:

World number three Maria Sharaova of Russia has shared that she would be staying at the Wimbledon Village during the London Olympics.
The Russian has provided the reason for not staying at the Olympics Village for athletes that its distance is too much from the All England Club, where tennis event of the biggest sports meet in the world will be held.
During her latest interview, Sharapova was asked if she would stay at the Wimbledon Village instead of the Athlete’s Village. The Russian replied, “Yes, it’s too far to be in the Athletes’ Village. It’s unfortunately so far, as it’s like an hour’s drive. I wish I could, but that would be too much.”
Sharapova will be taking part in the Olympics for the first time in her career as he failed to participate at the Beijing Games four years ago due to a shoulder injury.
When the Russian was asked if these Olympics would be more special to her from the fact that she missed the last edition, she replied, “Absolutely. It was really tough to miss the last one with injury, knowing how important the Olympics is in Russian culture, seeing the Russian people get together and follow it and talk about it for two weeks. I grew up in that culture, and admired it, and now I want to be a part of it.”
Sharapova became just the 10th women in the history of the sport to win all four Grand Slams when she grabbed the French Open title in June. She was also the favorite to clinch Wimbledon crown but she was stunned by Germany’s Sabine Lisicki in straight sets 4-6, 3-6 in the fourth round.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Maria-...icolo4945.html
J_Migoe is offline View My Blog!