TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Official PAW (Pick-A-Winner) Rules and FAQ'S

View Single Post

Old Jul 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #127
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Official PAW (Pick-A-Winner) Rules and FAQ'S

Firstly, may I say that the only game on the forum which is truely close to the real WTA Tour is Tennis Tipping which uses player rankings and real commitments to determine which players can play in certain tournaments.

Saying that PAW is a game which should be enjoyed by the players, not the managers is a rather sensitive issue. As we all know, PAW has struggled over the years to attract enough managers to run the games - only this week, purtov had to step in at the last hour to run PAW Stanford and he/she has very kindly volunteered to run a lot of PAW tournaments this year due to lack of managers. Therefore, I strongly feel that the PAW rules should be geared towards making the PAW Management task as easily as possible in order that we can encourage more new managers into the game.

With regards to the existing 9pm CET commitment deadline for PAW tournaments, I don't ever remember this being a major issue with both managers and players over the past 4 or 5 years. I agree with purtov that the manager does need some time before the start of main draw matches to be able to organise their spreadsheet with names of committed players in alphabetical order, so that they are able to copy picks into the spreadsheet. Having a deadline days before the start of the tournament will just increase the demand for wildcards and having the deadline very close to the start of the tournament just creates unnecessary problems for the manager.

It all comes down to finding a commitment deadline time which benefits both the players and managers. I strongly believe that the existing 9pm CET deadline is a good compromise which has worked well for many years and the players have learned to live with this deadline. Why change something that is not broken?
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote