TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Estonian Tennis

Thread: Estonian Tennis
View Single Post

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #1867
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estonian Tennis

Every Estonian except Elisa Mai Koonik and Jana Kuzovkova lost
She only won because she draw Anna Pavlova, the Estonian who lost first round in Qualies
I knew that all the FQR loses got LL spots but why did Ann? (she lost First Round, not 2nd)
Anyway, I don't mind as much that Erika lost to Shymanovich 6-4 6-1 as she is a very good player, but Liisa getting a bagel against a LL and Lisanna getting routined by a Qualifier is just sad. Birgit Burk made a name for herself as she scored a first set bagel over the 6th seed before going down 2 and 3 in the second and third. The huge plus side to the day was Jana Kuzovkova though After winning last weeks 14U Babolat Cup at Tondiraba which provided a good warm-up, she defeated the 4th seed 7-6(3) 6-0 As the only player in the draw who did not play the Estonian Championships, I think this is proof that the players didn't have enough time to react to the change of surfaces. Maybe AOTK TwigaCup should be a week later next year, or maybe the Championships earlier. Anyway, she will play Great Kerezaite, the winner of a LL battle There are so many LLs Hopefully she can make the quarters

In the doubles, Estonian Championships Semi-Finalists Lisanna Pihlak and Erika Hendsel have teamed up as the third seeds while the Pajumets sisters and Birgit Burk/Elisa Mai Koonik have both draw unseeded teams. Anna Pavlova has teamed up with Russia Ekaterina Nazarova and play unseeded team Mariella Blackwell/Elena Golovnyova
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote