TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best matches by year

View Single Post

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #14
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Maria's best matches by year

I didn't follow her that much earlier, so I'll pick from the matches I watched, although they might not be her best...

2004-Wimbledon final against Serena
2005-/
2006-US Open final against Henin
2007-YEC final against Henin
2008-AO QF against Henin (I think probably the best match of her career, especially considering the opponent)
2009-Beijing against Azarenka, purely because of her mental toughness and the ability to get the win in the end
2010-RG 3rd round against Henin
2011-Rome SF against Woz
2012-hard to pick just one AO SF against Petra, because it was vintage FightingPova; Stuttgart final against Azarenka-probably tennis-wise her best match of the season (again, considering the opponent); Rome final against Li-low-quality match, but still, packed with drama. Plus, it was the second match of the season that she won after saving a match point RG SF and final against Petra and Errani respectively-because of what it meant to her and us fans

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote