TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best matches by year

View Single Post

Old Jul 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #9
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's best matches by year

2004: Wimbledon vs Hantuchova (SF and F are too obvious ). What about that IW match against Karatantcheva? When the latter made "I'm gonna kick her butt" quote pre-match and won the first set before Maria started playing awesome tennis in the next two sets. There's HLs of this match on YouTube. She was also playing pretty well in USO vs Pierce, altho she sadly lost.

2005: Miami QF vs Henin hands down. So mentally tough.

2006: IW SF vs Hingis. San Diego F vs Clijsters and LA QF vs Safina. Defo also the 2 bagel sets against Mauresmo in US Open. YEC vs Clijsters is honorable mention.

2007: YEC vs Chakvetadze, Ivanovic and Henin. She definitely kept her best tennis for last that year.

2008: AO vs Davenport, Henin and Jankovic. For lack of other stand out matches I'll also add Doha QF vs Wozniacki.

2009: Tokyo QF vs Stosur is really the only match where everything seemed to be clicking that year.

2010: Cincy vs Radwanska and Bartoli. She was playing good in the final but not THAT great IMO.

2011: IW vs Safina. Rome vs Peer and Wozniacki. Cincy vs Kuznetsova.

2012: AO vs Kerber definitely. Stuttgart vs Stosur and Azarenka. Rome vs Venus and Kerber. RG vs Peng, Kanepi, Kvitova and Errani. I want to upload HD highlights of all these RG matches but they're still getting blocked.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote