TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Estonian Tennis

Thread: Estonian Tennis
View Single Post

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1866
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estonian Tennis

Some highlights from the final
Despite their lack of power, there were some really nice rallies
I expected Eva to hit the ball harder, like she did against Katerzyna Piter at SEB Tallink Open V but Erika hits the ball quite hard for someone her age
Here's the link:
http://sport.err.ee/tennis/058e0ca4-...a-e73f96fa37f9

BTW, for the first time in perhaps ever, there are no Estonian's on 10K Tampere list
It is so sad that because of European Championships, we have no competitors. We have no on over 18 willing to play professionally besides Kaia

Eva/Tatjana won the final against Mia Nicole/Julia 6-4 6-1

Tatjana is now tied 12th in the National Rankings

Starting tonight is the AOTKTwiga Cup
Tatja pulled out but Erika, Liisa, Annela, Birgit, Elisa Mai and Lisanna are all competing, with Erika as 2nd Seed

She unfortunately has Iryna Shymanovich, number 15 in the world in 16U
Shymanovich was a qualifier which was unlucky for Erika
If she wins though then I expect her to make the final as there are not really any other players in her half that are particularly good.

The other Estonians have quite good draws except for Birgit, as everyone else draws a Qualifier or a Lucky Loser

Good luck to all and I hope to see many Estonians in the second round

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 9th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote