Originally Posted by chingching
I'm confused by the code message. Isn't ones position on an entrance list when they are unranked determined by their national ranking???
Only compared to compatriots.
Lets imagine that the following ten unranked players will enter a tournament.
Vorobjova EST (NR#6)
Hendsel EST (NR#8)
Kandler AUT (NR#11)
Johansson SWE (NR#67)
Gasparri ITA (NR#86)
Zavarise ITA (NR#108)
Chiesa ITA (NR#116)
Lavoretti ITA (NR#120)
Newborn USA (NR#227)
Hinkle USA (NR#406)
ITF will make a draw to determine their positions.
Each country represented will be allocated the same number of draw chips as the number of players from that country. So Italy 4 chips, Estonia and USA 2 chips, Austria and Sweden 1 chip. Then computer will start drawing the chips in random order.
Let`s pretend that the chips will come out in the following order:
Which would mean that the positions in the entry list would look like this:
1. Vorobjova (Estonian with the best national rank here)
2. Newborn (American with the best national rank here)
3. Gasparri (Italian with the best national rank here)
4. Zavarise (Italian with the second best national rank here)
5. Kandler (Austrian with the best national rank here)
6. Hendsel (Estonian with the second best national rank here)