TennisForum.com - View Single Post - I'm rooting for Aga on Saturday

View Single Post

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #28
country flag perseus2006
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute perseus2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm rooting for Aga on Saturday

The ARad v Kerber Semi was such a flat match. There was some very good tennis played, some spectacular tennis, in fact, but the match just wasn't entertaining. So different from a Pova match with her shrieking, c'mons, clenched fist, fist pumping, dancing on the baseline, deathstare when serving and that incredulous look on her face when she misses a "sure shot".

Oh, well, the WTA, talking heads, many fans and the majority of TF posters prefer the dour ARad v Kerber match style to Pova's high energy, high intensity, all out, offensive match style.

As a chess afficianado I am often amazed by how silent an intense, mind boggling, tricky and dangerous match can be. Sometimes, after a particularly crushing move I want to jump up and scream: "To the bogs with your nasty pawns!" But not a sound is heard as the winning move is made, the vicious attack thwarted and the irresistable counter attack launched!

Maybe that's why I like Pova so much and all her associated bombastic noise and gestures!

Nonetheless, go ARad.
perseus2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote