TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #967
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Who did she lose to at last year's European Championships again?

I looked at those entrylists. Astana 100k is strong, Anett is 80 something out, I doubt she'd make it in. So she'll probably play Wrexham (those 25ks doesn't go for her at all, but unfortunately she's ranked too low to skip them). Also, if she's willing to go to Astana why wouldn't she have tried to enter Baku IS, as it's the same week

And top alts at Astana are #237, #2238, #240, #241
I thought she would try and play Baku too
But she should make Astana, and will probably almost be seeded for Qualies. I like that she will have to come through Qualies
If Astana has a similar field to next weeks Biarritz (it should be harder as there is also Baku and Olomouc 100K) then Anett would be the 10th player in Qualies. These draws die down very quickly
There are 78 Players who don't have Baku as their first preference and there will be others that just pull ou for other reasons so I am not too worried about Anett not making it
I annoyed that she didn't play tthe 25K the week before as she could have gotten a Semi or a Final from it
Anyway, I would love for Anett to qualify and win a round, but that may just be a pipe dream. She has to remember she but Putintseva on Clay, and Putintseva has won a 100K + H

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote