TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon

Thread: Wimbledon
View Single Post

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #317
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Wimbledon

I was hoping the ESPN pregame today would at least give Kiri some respect for the match against Radwanska. Nope. Chris Evert basically said the only reason why the match was close was because Radwanska "had such an easy route and no test at all and just wasn't match-tough enough." She did say Kiri "fought hard" but it was a patronizing remark in this context. Maybe Kiri will actually get some respect if Radwanska pulls off the final upset, but I'm not holding my breath.

At least Radwanska postgame immediately acknowledged she won today in spite of her tough QF.

I'm sad Kiri's not back for Stanford this year, as I happened to be in the Bay Area this summer & last summer. But I can't blame her. Frankly I'm surprised Stanford's getting the quality they are given the schedule this year.

Last edited by NYKiriFan : Jul 5th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote