TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Wimbledon

Thread: Wimbledon
View Single Post

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #316
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdogfish View Post
I'm mad and sad for her too. She played a superb match, really high quality, and she started the strongest when play resumed on Centre Court. Then Aga got that lucky net cord and she fell to pieces. 30-30, she only needed 2 more points! I could understand her losing confidence if she had hit a bad error but the fact it was down to a net cord she had no control over I just don't get. All that excellent play and attitude undone. Sad thing was, I was watching waiting for the meltdown to happen and it did I guess it's just something to expect when you support Maria.
Maybe the difference between Radwanska and Kirilenko 2 days ago was that Aga has had a real tennis coach the past year and her game has taken off to heights most people thought she would never reach. But she's a gamer, is very smart on court and is clutch. Masha was the better player that day yet Aga still won. But there is no way Aga should now have 5 straight wins over Maria. That is appalling to me.

I was not waiting for a Makiri meltdown but it happened when Aga got that lucky shot. Kiri lost 10 of the last 11 points in the match. But at age 25 with 10 years on the WTA Tour that should not have bothered Maria so much. I am willing to cut Kiri some slack for all the stops and re starts in the match. Maria is sinewy and tightly muscled and it might not be easy for her to re start a match a few times in colder weather. Aga isn't built as tightly muscled as Maria so staying loose may be easier for her to do.

Watching Radwanska routine Kerber who looks slow and serves so slowly today thus far in their match makes me sad knowing Makiri could be doing the same thing to Kerber that Aga is. But Lisicki should be sicker with the match she blew to Kerber.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote