TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #989
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett won 7-6(6) 6-4
To sum up the match, there was a good end and a bad end
Players were only winning from one end until Anett had 40-0 to hold at the bad end. She of course choked that away and got broken before Vickery started to step up. Anett was down 0-40 at 4-5 but managed to save all the set points ad hold. She ended up getting it to a Tiebreak where she led 6-3. It then got back to 6-6 before the scoreboard said that Vickery led 7-6. It was obviously an error because I checked again ans it said that Anett led 7-6 I nearly had a heart attack given how much she's choked already. Anyway, she then won that point to win the first set

The second began with Anett getting broken and playing from a break down the whole set, saving Break Points at 15-40 0-2 from going down a Double Break. She finally made inroads on Sachia's serve (Sachia was holding at 0 and 15 almost every game of the match and the ones where she was broken she normally led by these scorelines first) at 4-3 down. Anett then held before breaking to win. She broke so quickly I missed it

Anyway, it's great for Anett to finally be having success at a GA that is not on clay
I see a semi
And given that she will face one of Bouchard (who is becoming Anett's bitch ), Abdduraimova, Soylu or Lottner, this IMO is probably going to be her best chance ever to make a GS Final

Good Luck in Doubles Anett!!!
If it starts before 2 I think I'll follow as I have the day off tomorrow (Today )

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 4th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote