TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kristina Antoniychuk:The Rising Star

View Single Post

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #424
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kristina Antoniychuk:The Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Yes, Raducan got an unfair penalty for cold medicine pseudoephedrine- Nurofen, Sudafed etc. It was taken off the banned list in 2004, but as of Jan 10 this year, it is actually on the banned list again . They are catching people on technicalities, just because they lack the know-how to actually find the people who are really trying to cheat. As I said, I think the answer is turning to private investigating to find circles which are actually promoting, creating or distributing performance enhancing drugs. An athlete who has no desire to cheat and who takes reasonable precautions should be safe from the worry of being banned. Right now, it's actually extremely difficult to make sure you are not going to be banned, because taking some normal medicine that a doctor prescribes to you could get you in trouble. If you've already made it big, your support team will probably keep a watch on you and make sure you are okay, but small fish keep getting caught by the technicalities. So you basically have to take nothing. One of my coaches was a tennis player ranked maybe 200, he was too afraid to take anything when he was sick. It's ridiculous. One day someone in some sport will refuse to take something prescribed to them by a doctor, or in a hospital, for fear of testing positive, and will die as a result. Only then will the situation change.

Hopefully she will have a good comeback in 2011.
One of my friends went to the YOG for European Handball and had a friend who had a puffer for asthma. She accidentally took too much and has been banned from handball for 2 years. This is not the worst case by far, but it is disappointing. But still, the rules are the rules

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote