TennisForum.com - View Single Post - London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

View Single Post

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM   #45
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: London 2012 - Mission: Olympic Glory & Career Golden Slam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
I think Pova should take a good week off. Her tennis isn't the problem as much as she's simply mentally drained, I think. Has she ever played as many matches at this point during the season as she has this year? She just needs a break to let these past few weeks really sink in, to recharge her batteries and to refocus on the second half of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerin View Post
I think she just needs a rest too. Her game hasn't deserted her--she doesn't need to train. I think she's just mentally drained, that's all.

That was her dress for 2008 Olympics that never happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSV View Post
Totally agree. She needs a break. Didn't get a chance to really celebrate her big win.
Agree with you guys. I don't see that she's in need of intensive training. Even in this tournament, she played near her best in very brief patches - it was just she couldn't string it together on anything like a consistent basis, which as you guys said indicates mental exhaustion more than it does that her serves/footwork/groundstrokes etc. fundamentally aren't good enough.

Though when she DOES start training again, whenever that may be, can she please focus on try and being more aggressive from early in the point rather than the claycourt-style rallying she was doing today
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote