TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #2837
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post

so here the highlights from her unfortunate match with Tamira...since i wasn't able to watch much of it i didn't really comment on her performance, but watching this and knowing how far Tamira went again (and her title from two weeks ago), this wasn't a bad performance at all!
i haven't seen her hitting such a clean CC FH in more than a year or so and the BH seemed to be back! let us not forget that this was grass and i think that even the best Caro would have suffered with that Tamira...ok world n°1-Caro may have edged out mentally maybe, but i'm sure her mental strenght will be back the same moment she starts winning matches again and my first thought after those highlights was: on hardcourt playing like that she would kick asses.
let's see
Yes, there was a great deal of promise in the match. And if Caro had had just a little more luck (or dared go BHDTL on her last shot on the first MP) it would have been a really good win. But her weaknesses are clear, too.
Her FH is weak. Especially when Caro goes CC you can see how little power there is on her FH shot. And when the opponent is under pressure, she usually just needs to block the ball back with decent depth (like halfway between service line and baseline) to Caro's FH in order to neutralize the point.
She rarely gets the upper hand straight from her serve. The power is acceptable but she doesn't mix it up enough and she's too easy to read.
She rarely dares to go for a winner on ROS, even when the serve is weak. 90% of the time she hits CC or down the middle instead of chancing a DTL shot.