TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:05 AM   #4126
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodoboy. View Post
I'm still really upset Caro lost 1R. Especially considering she was playing SUCH positive tennis. I hope she understood the circumstances and does no stop imposing her game. It really was a pleasure to watch, she got unlucky with her draw. We'll see what the rest of 2012 has in store for her, I'm anxious to see her next match.
Thanks for your kind comment. I hope that she will try to continue playing like this. I think her new coach is doing a great job. My biggest fear though is that since she lost the only two matches she played since she started working with him she might think, "Well, I tried to play more agressive like everyone has been telling me and I lost both times. Fuck it, this doesn't work for me." That's why it was as you say a bad draw for Caroline. It would have been better if she had been able to win at least a few matches with her "new game" at Wimbledon before losing so that she can envision what might be in the future if she keeps playing "positive tennis." Now she played "positive tennis" but had nothing to show for it. I really hope that it won't cause her to panic but that she sees it as a long process that might bring big rewards in the end. I REALLY hope that. It's a gamble for sure, but definitely one worth taking in my modest opinion.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!