TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #968
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett won 4-6 6-3 6-1
She only won 3 points on return in the first but returned and in general played really well from 1-1 in the second set
She served quite well throughout the whole match and except for the second set choke (she won it on her 9th set point ) which included leading 0-40 at 5-2, she basically won 11 games in a row with one or two detours
A decent start

Next she has Elise Mertens from Belgium who defeated Varvara Flink 6-4 6-3
I would put Anett as the favourite to meet Sachia Vickery in the last 16, where I would like her to get US Open revenge

The doubles draw hasn't been released yet but I expect her to be in the top 4 seeds with Indy de Vroome

Mertens main results have been a Runner Up at the Mediterranee Avenir G1 (losing to Indy de Vroome) and winning the SFAX G2 in Tunisia

No real problems for Anett IMO as Mertens lost to Haddad Maia 6-2 6-3 last week and 6-3 6-2 to Varvara Flink the week before, even though she beat Flink this week
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote