TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Camila Giorgi Cheering Thread!!

View Single Post

Old Jun 30th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #1475
country flag Gasquetrules

Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all
Re: Camila Giorgi Cheering Thread!!

Great day. Gasquet takes down Almagro 3,4 & 4. Camila comes through against Petrova despite being underdog by odds makers. But I said a few days ago she should beat Tatishvili and Petrova after the big win over Pennetta.

But I am so pissed with the TV coverage. I set my DVR to record the channel that Camila was set to play on, and after the Malise - Verdasco match they switched coverage to another court to give us a doubles match with Christian McHale playing in it. She lost today in singles (like anybody cares) and then they switch to her doubles match! I missed the entire first set of the Camila-Petrova match. They didn't pick up the match until 1-2 in the second set.

I'm so happy for Camila. Of course, this means she will never come to Rock Hill, South Carolina again, or to Raleigh North Carolina again. There I got to watch her play up close and cheer for her and talk to her and her dad after matches... and just see her standing around. I knew this girl had the talent and the game and the looks to be a big star after watching her play at age 18. And now it's finally going to happen for her. Fantastic. What else can you say.

And her play today was spectacular. I wish I could have seen the first set. I looked at her match stats and she was serving great and putting a beat down on Petrova early in the match. And what a comeback in the second set. But it doesn't surprise me. I watched her do the same thing to come from behind, fighting off two match points against her in a second-set tiebreaker against Alexa Glatch and then go on and crush Glatch in the third set. And one saved match point was won with a low volley off a great drive from Glatch. Fearless tennis.

I think she has a real chance to beat Radwanska. Camila is ripping her shots, playing short points. If Agna hits anything short or without a lot of pace, Camila will punish it. And Camila is so fast about the court that I don't think a finesse game will work to well against her on grass. On clay I would say Camila could not beat Agna, but on grass it is possible.
Gasquetrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote