TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #4105
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Re the equal money debate Giles Simon re-ignited and Maria Sharapova weighed in on. .. Unfortunately 8/10 (anecdotal quick count) comments in Brit papers tell Sharapova to stop the (%/¤/%(/()("#¤% grunting ...
Generally speaking the men do put in more work (best of five vs. best of three) and the men are inarguably superior players (if the two current number ones played it wouldn't be a question of how many games would Maria win it would be a question of how many points). Personally I prefer to watch the women (best of five matches can take an eternity) but I think the only fair way to settle it is to make it merit based. If both the ATP and WTA take in an equal amount of money then it should be a 50-50 split. If one side makes more they should be paid more. Sexism has nothing to do with it and is a straw man argument.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!